Friday, May 21, 2010

Music To Rant By

If there has been any constant in my work life, it has been music.  I bought my first boom box (with a 3 CD carousel) when I worked at the print shop right out of high school.  I've gone to data entry temp jobs with a Walkman and a mix tape (when I was younger) or a few choice CDs (when I was older).  I ended up snapping off the locking tab for the battery cover of my Zen Nano MP3 player because it ate up so many batteries.  Bottom line, I loves me some music when I work.

Normally, I'll throw up my entire MP3 collection on Winamp and just let it play on shuffle.  But once in a while, I need to build a custom playlist.  I'll still let it play on shuffle, but there's a much smaller sample and it's mood music.  Right now, I'm working on a big rant for The Armchair Empire, and I figured I needed something to help keep my mind focused lest the searing rage get out of hand.  Music soothes the savage blogger.  For those who follow this blog, this is my unofficial soundtrack, eighteen songs of anger, defiance, and bullheaded hope of triumph over experience.  Go get them, put'em on shuffle, and enjoy.

  1. Anberlin - The Resistence
  2. Dethklok - Fansong
  3. Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
  4. Dropkick Murphys - The Gauntlet
  5. Everclear - Like A California King
  6. From First To Last - The Latest Plague
  7. Fuel - Won't Back Down
  8. Godsmack - I Stand Alone
  9. Incubus - Megalomaniac
  10. INXS - Don't Lose Your Head
  11. Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming
  12. Linkin Park - Hands Held High
  13. Lo Fidelity All Stars - Battle Flag
  14. Monster Magnet - Temple Of Your Dreams
  15. Pillar - Frontline
  16. Sevendust - Face To Face
  17. The Jam - Town Called Malice
  18. Thrice - Image Of The Invisible
Happy listening, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment